The “Delta” strain has now become the most prevalent strain of the global epidemic. It has spread to 104 countries and regions around the world, and is constantly mutating in its spread. It has doubled the spreading ability of previous strains and more than 4% higher than the spreading ability of the strains found in the UK.
So, what are the characteristics of the “Delta” strain?
Judging from previous related epidemics, the “Delta” strain has several new features in clinical manifestations: strong virus transmission, more adaptable to the human body, fast replication, high body load, slow conversion of patients, long treatment time, and ease Severe illness. In view of the characteristics of the delta strain, stricter, faster, and more comprehensive prevention and control measures must be used to prevent the spread.
Why insist on stricter, faster and more comprehensive prevention and control measures?
Academician Zhong Nanshan said in an interview with the media recently that due to the high viral load of patients with the delta mutant strain, the high concentration of the exhaled virus, and the extremely strong infectivity, the past concept of close contact is no longer applicable.
The current concept of close contacts is “in the same space, in the same unit, and in the same building, four days before the onset of illness.” Those who get along with the patient are all close contacts.
Therefore, on the basis of adhering to the overall prevention and control strategy of “internal and external co-prevention”, “doctor-patient co-prevention”, and “personal co-prevention”, stricter, faster, and more comprehensive prevention and control measures should be implemented.
How to keep the bottom line and further strengthen the prevention and control of hospital sense?
Medical institutions should follow the requirements of the “Notice on Further Doing a Good Job in Preventing and Controlling Infections in Medical Institutions under Normalized Epidemic Prevention and Control” and other requirements, fulfill their main responsibilities, and fully implement various control measures. Especially the following key points:
1. Reduce the gathering of people;
2. Strict management of patient accompaniment and visitation;
3. Do a good job of nucleic acid testing;
4. Strictly implement standard preventive measures;
5. Strengthen the treatment of medical waste.
How to strengthen preventive measures for the property and cleaning staff of medical institutions?
1. According to different exposure risks (environment), different protective measures should be taken;
2. Wear/take off hats, masks, isolation gowns, goggles, protective clothing and other protective equipment as required.
Hand hygiene requirements
1. The staff must do a good job of hand hygiene, wash their hands frequently, and use quick-drying hand disinfectant to disinfect their hands when necessary;
2. It is strictly forbidden to wear gloves from one area to another. Take off the gloves and wash your hands immediately after the work is over.
Common disinfectant configuration method
1. Disinfectant Tablets:
Each tablet contains 500mg of available chlorine, add 1 tablet to 1000ml of water when preparing, and the available chlorine is 500mg/L, wipe the surface of the object;
2. “84” disinfectant:
Available chlorine 500mg/L, use after 1:100 dilution.
It should be kept in a cool place away from light and airtight. The liquid used should be prepared for immediate use, and used for ≤24 hours.
Concentration detection should be carried out when using:
After immersing the disinfectant concentration test paper in the disinfectant, compare it with the standard color block under natural light within half a minute, and read the concentration of the active ingredient in the solution. After more than one minute, the color fades gradually.
Environmental cleaning and disinfection
The cleaning staff should be clear about the division of relevant areas, and the staff should be relatively fixed and clarify the use of cleaning and disinfection equipment in each area, the preparation of disinfectant, and the principles and procedures of cleaning and disinfection.
1. Place rags and floor towels for environmental surface cleaning before and after use;
2. Eliminate the hidden danger of cross-contamination;
3. “Repeated soaking” is strictly prohibited;
4. Cleaning and disinfection of surfaces in fever clinics and observation wards:
When there are visible contaminants, the contaminants should be completely removed before disinfection. When there are no visible contaminants, use 1000mg/L chlorine-containing disinfectant wet mop, and wipe with clean water after 30 minutes of action, once every 4 hours.
A small amount of pollutants can be carefully removed with a disposable absorbent material (such as gauze, rag, etc.) with 5000mg/L-10000mg/L chlorine-containing disinfectant;
A large amount of pollutants should be completely covered with disinfectant powder or bleaching powder containing water-absorbing components, or completely covered with disposable water-absorbing materials and then poured with a sufficient amount of 5000mg/L-10000mg/L chlorine-containing disinfectant on the water-absorbing materials for 30 minutes.
5. All disinfection work should be recorded.
Medical waste management
Ordinary medical waste
1. Pack in time when the medical waste bag reaches 3/4 full;
2. The bag mouth should be sealed and affixed according to the way of gooseneck knots;
3. Timely transfer, Nissan and Nissan.
COVID-19-related medical waste
1. The domestic waste generated by suspected and confirmed patients should be treated as medical waste, and the medical waste generated by patients should be used in double-layer medical waste bags;
2. Pack the medical waste bag in time when it reaches 3/4 full, and it is strictly forbidden to squeeze;
3. The bag mouth should be sealed and tied in the way of gooseneck knot;
4. Before leaving the contaminated area, the surface of the packaging bag should be disinfected by spraying with 1000mg/L chlorine-containing disinfectant (spread evenly) or a layer of medical waste packaging bag should be put on the outer layer, and the label “New Crown” should be affixed, and the package should be sealed and transported in time ；
5. The medical waste register of the place where the medical waste is generated and the temporary storage station shall be specially marked with the name “New Crown”;
6. A dedicated vehicle shall be used for airtight transfer, and the transfer vehicle shall be cleaned and disinfected in time.
Why is it still infected after vaccination? Is the vaccine still useful?
In this regard, many experts have pointed out on different occasions that infection after vaccination does not mean that the vaccine has failed.
International studies have shown that mutated viruses may have a certain immune escape phenomenon, but the existing vaccines still have considerable immune effects on mutated viruses. In addition, the vaccinated cases have relatively mild symptoms, and the probability of turning into severe cases is significantly lower, and the course of the disease is relatively short. This also shows that vaccination still has a protective effect.
How do the public take precautions against daily risks and hidden dangers?
1. Maintain social distancing;
2. Do not leave the country unless necessary, and do not go to medium and high risk areas;
3. Reduce unnecessary gatherings;
4. Actively vaccinate the new crown vaccine;
5. Adhere to normalized epidemic prevention and control measures;
6. Maintain a healthy lifestyle;
7. Do a good job of health monitoring;
8. Participate by the whole people and jointly prevent the epidemic.
How to stay safe